Bicycle owners must remove all bicycles from the Bike Racks (inside and outside storage) by Sunday, May 15.
- On Monday, May 16, and Tuesday, May 17, the Miami University Police and the Campus Services Office will remove and impound all bicycles left on campus.
Please be informed that all students who will be staying on campus for the summer and are keeping their bikes to use, must move their bikes to their designated summer residence dorm by Sunday, May 15.
Also, for anyone who is using their bikes for the summer, clearly attach a note (taped to their bike) indicating that the bike will be in use for the summer. If the bike does not have a note attached, the bike will be removed and taken to impound at the Miami University Police Department, the owner retrieving their bike may be charged a $25.00 impound fee.
The university is not responsible for loss or damage to bicycles or locks left on the bicycle racks after Sunday, May 15, 2022.
- If on the day of the Bike Roundup your bike is collected due to no “summer use” notification left on the bike by the owner, you may reclaim your bike at Miami University Police Department, at the owner’s expense. There may be a $25.00 impound fee charged and must be paid at MUPD before your bike will be released.
- All persons claiming impounded bicycles must show proof of ownership, including a full description of the bicycle (make, model, serial number, color, identifying marks or lettering, and location where it was parked). If you authorize another person to claim your bicycle, that person must present written authorization from the owner, there will be no exceptions.
- You may reclaim your bicycle after Sunday, May 22, during regular business hours 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at Miami University Police Department.
- At the beginning of the Fall 2022 Semester, we will sell all bicycles (not claimed during the summer) at the Miami University Surplus Auction in September (date to be announced later)
MUPD Bike Storage
Need a safe and secure place to store your bicycle over summer break? instead of taking your bike home over break, store it at MUPD. Students can arrange to store their bicycle over the summer months in a secure storage pod for a fee of $25.
Just bring your bike to the Miami University Police Department at 4945 Oxford Trenton Road in the Ditmer parking Lot, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Upon return to campus please stop by MUPD to retrieve your bike.
Questions: Contact MUPD at 513-529-2222 or email Sergeant Charles Howard @ firstname.lastname@example.org.