The Miami University Office of Sustainability and the Climate Action Task Force invite the Miami community to a series of five Climate Cafés.
Each café will focus on a specific topic related to our institutional commitment to achieve carbon neutrality.
Participants will hear goals and updates related to each topic and have the opportunity to give input on the Climate Action Task Force Resilience Assessment and Climate Action Plan (both in development).
Climate Cafés will be held on Wednesdays at 6 p.m. in room 2, Upham Hall.
- Sept. 15: Transportation and Carbon Offsets, with David Prytherch, professor of geography, and Lisa Ellram, University Distinguished Professor of Management.
- Sept. 29: Energy Systems and Campus Fleet, with Cody Powell, associate vice president for facilities, planning and operations.
- Oct. 13: Student Engagement, with Scott Walter, assistant vice president for student affairs, and Denali Selent, junior engineering major and environmental science co-major, and CATF student representative.
- Nov. 4: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, with Cristina Alcalde, vice president for institutional diversity and inclusion.
- Nov. 11: Q-and-A and Review with the Climate Action Task Force co-chairs Jonathan Levy, director of the Institute for the Environment and Sustainability, and Adam Sizemore, director of sustainability.